Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Presentations


Presentations are great tools to get information across. I love to use presentations versus just standing up there talking. Presentations works well with   all types of learners such as auditory and visual. I think that every student needs to learn how to create some sort of presentation. Presentations can be fun and time consuming.
The fun part of presentations is that you can put in different type of content videos and pictures.  Middle school inclusion I go into an English class and a reading class and they both use presentation. The presentations that are used most at our school is PowerPoint. So this assignment has broaden my view on presentations that I can take back to my co-workers.
 I would love to see my co-workers allow the students to make a presentation to see how they would like it. I don’t think that students should wait until they get to high school before they have the opportunity to create a presentation. If the students had the opportunity to work in groups and collaborate on a presentation I think that would be great. Presentation are becoming the main stream for getting information across to your audience.
 
I chose to use prezi for my presentation on chapter 4. I usually use PowerPoint to create my presentations. Looking at the blogs on presentations that everybody posted in the collaborations tab, I saw a lot of different ways to create a presentation. I personally didn’t know that it was that many ways to present information.  I can’t wait to try the other presentations and see how I like them.
 
 
http://prezi.com/zolus1mjsekv/?utm_campaign=share&utm_medium=copy


References

Hicks, T. (2013). Crafting digital writing: Composing texts across media and genres.
Portsmouth, NH: Heinemann.

3 comments:

  1. I agree that presentations sometimes make speaking in front of others easier. It gives the speaker, as well as the audience, something else to focus on during the presentation. You also make a great point about how presentations are an advantage for auditory and visual learners. I too, have only ever used Powerpoint, and also decided to use a new program for crafting my presentation for the assignment. I used Emaze, which is similar to Powerpoint, so I didn't have too much trouble creating my presentation. I have completed presentations with my students before, but they have only ever created a slide as part of a class presentation. This module has increased my interest in using them in my classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely agree that any type of presentation as an accessory to public speaking is great! It really helps reach different learning styles (especially visual). I like that you mentioned that you wish more colleagues would have students create presentations, I agree that it is something that shouldn't wait until high school. If they are familiar with presentations and presenting prior to high school, when they do get to us we can

    ReplyDelete
  3. ....require them to create presentations on a much deeper level.

    (Sorry the first comment wouldn't let me type anymore!)

    ReplyDelete